Living in Australia you have a higher risk of skin damage as a result of increased exposure to the sun. Australians have a 2 in 3 chance of developing skin cancer in their lifetime. A simple yearly skin check can detect issues early and can save your life. Melanoma affects about 1 in 30 people in Australia and kills more than a 1000 people a year.
Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) is a treatment based around the compound of two chemicals. Both chemicals specifically bind to premalignant or cancerous cells, and when activated by a bright light, form a reaction that kills the affected cells.
Latest Blog Articles
- Dr. Chris Robinson: A Leading Skin Cancer Expert Joins the Fellowship of Skin Cancer College
- Advancing Skin Care: Empowering Training Session with Allmedic in 2023
- Protecting Your Skin: The Importance of Sun Protection in Preventing Skin Cancer
- Protecting Your Skin: The Importance of Proper Sunscreen Application and Regular Skin Checks
- Understanding UV Radiation and Its Impact on Skin Cancer Risk
- Promoting Skin Cancer Education for Older Australians: A Visit to a Retirement Village
- The Importance of Choosing the Right Skin Cancer Doctor
- Councilor Adam Allan Visits Melanoma Scan Clinic in Toombul: Promoting Skin Health and Community Support
- Maintaining Healthy Skin: Sun Safety Tips and Best Practices
- Photodynamic Therapy (PDT): Innovative Treatment for Skin Cancer